Remember how I mentioned I can do whatever I want? I’m going to be a cab driver. And I’m going to make sure I work for a private investigator. I want to be able to financially support my writing habit. I’m going to be being paid relatively steadily for writing and editing, which is a great start for having only marketed myself as a professional for just over a year.
I’m also going to buy a house with a great friend of mine – partly because I can stand her for extended amounts of time, partly because I want to save money, and partly because I want a rich, creative atmosphere (she, too, is a writer/editor creative person).
Here is the plan:
- Save up at least 15k combined
- Put a down payment on a house ( x < 35k )
- Take out a mortgage
- Knock down any shitty walls
- Replace flooring with nice hardwood
- Add pretty light fixtures
- Paint walls
- Have studio – style house that I actually own (with someone)
It can, and it will, be done. The goal of 2014 is to buy a house and get an office. I’m on a roll.